Rubyfruit Jungle

Monday, March 20, 2006

it's the first day of spring and i am wearing shiny emerald cinderella like slippers.../ i am taking thing's moment by moment... moment by moment in this office/ here and now/ not 10 minutes from now... not even 3 minutes from now... only here and now/ and it takes all my concentration/ because i have a mind that jumps around like a class of thirty kindergarten children at recess/ skipping rope/ basketball/ tag/ a mind that whines fulfillment/ here and now/ here and now/ here and now... trying to find joy in little duties like removing staples and small talk with fractured strangers/ trying to remember why i took this job.../ stop/ there goes the mind again... here and now/ here and now/ here and now... but knowing that i won't be told to shhhhhh... or finger wagged like a 5 year old... but, it's the first day of spring and i am wearing shiny emerald cinderella slippers... here and now/ here and now/ here and now...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greetings!

    I have just recently started a daily mindfulness meditation practice... Of course, I'm also trying to be fully present the rest of the day as well...which is not always easy. Walking to work this morning, I realized how much my zen stick helps to keep me present...and I was able to find the time in that moment to thank Mother Earth for allowing me to walk on her...and it felt really good. So now, I must thank you for sharing with me that I need to practice that in everything...even when I am removing staples. I'm kind of looking forward to removing some staples tomorrow!

    I loved the image of your beautiful emerald green shoes...dazzling!!!

    Take care! XOXOXO!!! Anonymom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home