Rubyfruit Jungle

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Narnia.

i adore this weather. i wish this was our 'norm'.../ though... trying to find someone to build a snow person with me has proven rather difficult/ perhaps i should stop approaching strangers/ nah/ walking through the park was beautiful/ dogs snouts covered in flakey/soft/white snow are my favorite/ they can't find their pee/

i really hope you stick around/ and don't prove yourself mad/ start raining again/



Dear Montreal,

i think of you often; but days like today i prove myself fruitfully in love with you. as a keepsake i'll wear the long puffy coat, remember?? the one that makes me look like a travelling bullet. a love letter. the tops of my thighs even began to smart when i left the house... and the lovely feeling that sets in when you move indoors. the thaw. red cheeks and runny eyes. screaming hot ears. i left my favorite touque/tongue (its just one small letter, i coulden't help myself) with you. up top in that closet... the one that after several years woulden't open. hushed discourse. oh! not to worry, i don't harbour resentment... she's yours to keep. these days allow me to move outside myself. the city masquerades as you, and we hold hands moving down the street. inside this masked ball my day plays out. a facade. a subterfuge. this weather acts as stratagem.

i'll think of you when i'm no longer hot.

be well.

love, love, love,

T.T.V.

P.S. wink at the cross for me... i heard her lights started to dim.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm so jealous of your snow and would have done anything to build a snow person with you. Instead, I am in australia where Christmas is hot...and wrong. A hot Christmas steals the warmth of the season and leaves you like a wet puddle of sweat under the Christmas tree.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger tippingthevelvet said…

    fiona!!!! how was your journey?? i thought of you on your looooong plane ride. even though i do love the snow... i would much rather be building sandcastles in australia. we will miss you on sunday night.

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    carol!!! the journey wasn't too bad once my plane had been de-iced. It seems I escaped Vancouver just in time! I'm heading to the beach this weekend so I'll be sure to build you a sandcastle. i will try to photograph its destruction at the hands of some of the world's best waves.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home