Rubyfruit Jungle

Friday, February 11, 2005

What I want to share on this my day of birth...

There is a vitality, a life-force, an energy, a quickening that's translated through you into action. And because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. To live each day from your own creative source, above all else, keep the channel open.


Martha Graham


this quote of Martha graham's is one of my very favorite things. It is one of my resolutions. I think this is one of the most important things an artist can know. My beloved acting coach Brian Doubt in Montreal gave me a copy of this before one of my many tries for the National Theatre School and it has stuck with me like glue. I have become newly acquainted with it and am so glad. It has made me a better actor/ director/ writer/ artist/ person and I know it will you too.


now I will go and deal with my throat...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger tippingthevelvet said…

    ANDREA,

    thanx for the comment. do you have blog too?? paperboycap?? i can't find it tho??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home