Rubyfruit Jungle

Friday, February 03, 2006

i think i had a glimpse of why i do what i do and why, my real love, my only true love is the theatre/ last night i remembered/ the house was full so i had to 'listen' from the dressing room with my ear pushed against the dressing room door/ this was a blessing/ first to have a stuffed house and second to be backstage during performance/ the energy that the theatre exudes/ when the elements come together/ is magic/ it doesn't even matter what the final product is/ the theatre creates the magic on its own as a seperate entity/ it just is what it is... and that is a glorious thing/ Hamlet, said it best: as 'twere, the mirror up to nature; to show virtue, her own feature, scorn her own image, and the very age and body of time his form and pressure'./ the actor in me screamed/ she wanted out/ out/ out...

2 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for sharing so vividly what it feels like to be backstage. My only personal experience is from the "other side" as viewer...which I adore...and your description helps me to understand where some of the energy for the performance is created. No wonder live performances are so magical! Thank you!

    Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend!

    ...the femme's anonymom XOXO!!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger tippingthevelvet said…

    awww... thanks for all your well wishes girls!!! i love you all tons!!

    and, anonymom you are my hero!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home