Rubyfruit Jungle

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Bye Bye Birthday...

I had such a great birthday!! I thought it was gonna be a bad one but alas it was great. Never underestimate the power of friends and family. That is why there is so much written on the subject because the subject is so rich. It is such a rare thing to have all the people you love in the same place at the same time. It should happen more often but the logistics are always tough. But they pulled it off and I am not surprised one bit, I mean I was surprised very surprised. I walked into the restaurant and expected to see my dad, lee and gran but there were all these beautiful girls and a very handsome lad. Sommer, Sasha, Julia and rich(the peach). Dad, Lee, Gran, and Christine came later and of course my mom and brotha. I don't wanna get too cheesy here but it was pretty grand. I guess because I have been away for so long this was the first birthday since I was a kid really that everyone had been together. Its either been just friends or just family both are great but this is best. There were a few people missing but they were ever present in my heart the whole day. Andrea, the girls in MTL and the voices in my head. And of course David who will come through this and be stronger and even better than he already is. I love you and am here for you.


Thank you to everyone who made this so special for me. I wish that everyone could have such amazing friends and family in their lives but I know this is not the case and that I am one of the lucky ones.


I love you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home