Rubyfruit Jungle

Friday, March 11, 2005

I held this baby...

Yesterday, I held the most beautiful baby. She is six weeks old and perfect. She is very little only about six pounds and when I held her she was very tired so she curled into the concave of my chest and fit perfectly. It was bliss. I felt complete for a few moments. It was like she was meant to be right there at that very moment. I used to think that the urge to merge was a bunch of shit but now I'm not so sure. Something in my stomach kind of lurched in that moment and I don't know if it was because it was almost lunch time or because of where I am in my cycle but it woke something up. She really is perfect. Perfectly formed lips and nose and those little toes! And if you press on the sole of her foot she grips your fingers with her toes. ahh...

It strikes me as I'm writing this that just a while ago I wrote about my friends mom who passed away. The cycle completes itself. Its a spiral I suppose. And when I was holding her I whispered barely consciously; you'll have such a wonderful life. And at that moment I felt as though I would do anything to protect her.


Never get in the way of a mother and her cubs... She will rip you to shreds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home