Rubyfruit Jungle

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Leslie Feinberg


Last night I went to see Leslie Feinberg give a lecture at VPL. I can't think of a better way to spend my last evening as a 27 year old. I feel blessed to have been able to be a part of listening to such a powerful, dedicated individual. Years ago when I first read Leslie's novel Stone Butch Blues it gave me a feeling of a sense of place in the community as a non-butch, but not really femme but a queer dyke,lesbian. Stone Butch Blues is an incredibly important piece of history and I think it should be required reading in all classrooms. Leslie has also written Transgender Warriors: Making History from Joan of Arc to Dennis Rodman, and Transliberation: Beyond Pink and Blue. Leslie is a national leader of the Worker's World Party and the founder of Rainbow Flags for Mumia. Leslie is an activist who works to forge bonds between the Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans communities.

Instead of me blabbing on and on... Endlessly, I urge everyone who has come across this post to visit Leslie's website and spend some time there... Thanks.

http://www.transgenderwarrior.org

1 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First of all, YOUNG lady! I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday and the most exciting and glorious birthday year yet!!! I love the way you are living what you believe and know, and I'm very proud of you! Soooo....HAPPY # 28!!!!

    XOXOX!!! Anonymom

    PS: I will be taking a look at the linked website sometime this weekend. Right now I'm off for a walk in the sun. XOXO!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home