Rubyfruit Jungle

Sunday, May 08, 2005

GORDON CAMPBELL HATES YOU

I really wish I was inspired to make some creative outlasting input here but alas I am afraid my creativity is hooped at this moment. Let us see. I went to my training for the elections yesterday that was quite the event. There's a lot that goes into marking that little x on the ballot you know. I HAD TO TAKE AN OATH!!! Yeah, to solemnly swear that I would complete my job to the best of my ability and basically not fuck with anyone else's vote. There goes my plan to wear my GORDON CAMPBELL HATES YOU pin. Damn... What else did I learn, oh yes that the majority of the public doesn't listen. The training lady(who was very good and well informed) would say can you please read the above and sign below and then someone would say EVERY TIME WE HAD TO DO ANYTHING where do we sign again??? There are folks who work the elections every time they come around both provincial and federal and don't get me wrong I think that's great. But then there's the guy(and you who have ever been in a classroom) will know what I mean; that mutters every answer to EVERY question under his breath I was lucky enough to be sitting next to him so finally I turned to him and said "so your a wise guy, eh?" nah, I didn't really say that but I thought it. I just shot him some of my perfected shut the hell up looks. And then there was this sweet older lady well there were plenty of then I was definitely the youngest by like 300 years. Our guru training lady was calling the workbook thing we were given our bible and this lady pipes up WHAT WE HAVE TO BRING A BIBLE?? It was priceless. I am looking forward to the day all 16 hours of it. AND REMEMBER YOU WILL HAVE 2 BALLOTS THIS TIME one for the candidate and one for the referendum so don't get confused because apparently we are anticipating some confusion but we the well trained poll clerks can assist you with that and make your voting experience a pleasant one.
I wonder if I'm allowed to talk about this on my blog, I don't think they said anything about bloging??? Okay. I'm going to leave you with this and go and study my bible cause there's a quiz. No really there is its true and false.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home