Rubyfruit Jungle

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Crave

And sit on the steps till your neighbor comes home and sit on the steps until you come home and worry when your late and be amazed when your early and give you sunflowers and go to your party and dance till I'm black and be sorry when I'm wrong and happy when you forgive me and look at your photos and wish I'd known you forever and hear your voice in my ear and feel your skin on my skin and scared when you're angry and your eye has gone red and the other eye blue and your hair to the left and your face oriental and tell you you're gorgeous and hug you when you're anxious and hold you when you hurt and want you when I smell you and offend you when I touch you and whimper when I'm next to you and whimper when I'm not and dribble on your breast and smother you in the night and get cold when you take the blanket and hot when you don't and melt when you smile and dissolve when you laugh and not understand why you think i'm rejecting you when I'm not rejecting you and wonder how you could think I would ever reject you wonder who you are but accept you anyway and wander the city thinking its empty without you and want what you want and think I'm losing myself but know I'm safe with you and tell you the worst of me because you don't deserve any less and answer your questions when I'd rather not and tell you the truth when I really don't want to and try to be honest because I know you prefer it and think its all over but hang on for just ten more minutes before you throw me out of your life and forget who I am and try to get closer to you because its beautiful getting to know you and well worth the effort and speak German to you badly and Hebrew to you worse and make love to you at three in the morning and somehow somehow communicate some of the overwhelming undying overpowering unconditional all-encompassing heart-enriching mind-expanding on-going never-ending love I have for you.
************************************************************************************

that is just some of the INCREDIBLE monologue from Sarah Kanes play CRAVE.
and you know don't you? that I couldn't have said it better myself.
my craving...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    reading that was hard.
    till i understood it was quoted.
    awedinsidemenow.

    because
    here i am
    i am here

    ha·bit·u·at·ed
    in your
    perfume...

    lost

    until you find yourself.

    - have i fallen thro the ground out from under me?

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Because everybody’s pushed

    Me

    So damn hard,
    I nearly fell off
    Facing the earth…
    And they broke

    me

    So I know what it is to ache and awake

    To fight
    And to frolic

    To scorn and to mourn
    All those parts inside yourself

    All those spaces waiting
    For connection.

    And you were right

    I was ego and bravado
    And 24/7 sounds kinda nice

    If we weren’t pushing
    Ourselves

    So damn hard.

    my secrets run deeper than
    maybe, even,
    yours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home