Rubyfruit Jungle

Monday, May 30, 2005

Masquerade

On Saturday night I went to a masquerade party. I have always had all these romantic ideals around masquerade parties, I think they come from a combination of much ado about nothing and the phantom of the opera. This wasn't the greatest party that I have ever been to but it was the greatest in that it is so refreshing to be with a group of people who can celebrate their selves and each other in such an open way. My costume was rather lacking as it always is( I am really going to work on it for next time)but I did dress really femme so I guess I was gender bending in a little way and my friend did do really great makeup and I was toting around dollar store handcuffs and a pink water pistol. I love the mystery and the aura that surrounds a group of strangers that are dressed up. Because there is so much freedom. I was sort of beginning to think that I was inept at attending social gatherings as most of the time I find the energy to be clotted with a bunch of people that would rather be anywhere but in their own beings, gay or straight. Anyways, all this to say it was a interesting evening had by all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THANK YOU NANCY!!!!!
for reading my blog and for your comment. its nice to feel that there are other people out there who have had the same expierence. it was so great to see you too and thanks for the ride home. i hope to see you soon.

P.S kiss molly for me.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Morning! It was good to see you, too! Molly sends her love back to you! She thoroughly enjoyed the evening...but her time-out in the kennel looked like she was at the spa!

    I meant to ask you...what kind of kittens were the $450 kittens?

    I hope that after you ladies research all the sushi places, you will share your favourite(s). Tama Sushi has closed, so my favourite is gone...for the time being...sometimes these places have a way of reinventing themselves in a newer and less costly location...I'm hoping that's the case with Tama. Anyway, I will look forward to the final results of your quest for sushi perfection!

    Look forward to seeing you again real soon! Take care!
    XO! the Anonymom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home