Rubyfruit Jungle

Thursday, May 19, 2005

GORDON CAMPBELL STILL HATES YOU

Sorry folks but its true. And I now have to come to terms with the fact that it was partly my fault that the liberals got in again. NO I DID NOT RIG IT, THO I WAS MIGHTY TEMPTED SEVERAL TIMES. But seriously I am pissed off at my vote cause I voted NDP and have come to realize that really they are not much better then the Liberals if you look at it closely. Alfie, you don't read this but you are right. Dad, I am proud of you for voting Green and now realize that I should have done the same if I could take it back I would. But I don't understand how the STV was rejected well I guess I understand that people are uneducated and DUMB soooooo many people declined the ballot because they said it was to hard to understand UH?? Or they took the ballot and just voted no cause they didn't know anything about it as far as I'm concerned if you don't educate yourself about what's going on you have NO RIGHT to complain. This may sound harsh but its the true goods. I was also amazed by the number of people that almost took out the screen thing with their head while casting there vote. WATCH THE SCREEN THING SIR. That became my token one liner. And for those of you who know me you will not be surprised to hear that I was also known as the girl who had to pee all the time because of the volume of coffee I was injesting in order to stay awake for all 15 hours. And everytime I had to go I had to shut down my poll. SHE WILL BE RIGHT BACK SIR SHE IS JUST USING THE FACILITIES. I would hear from my post on the can. Anyways all in all it was good to be part of the democratic process and I couldn't help feeling at least a little bit important and found myself sitting just a little bit taller in my seat.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey carol,
    i think it is fine to vote ndp- i would if i was there. from what i know about the green party, they don't have much of a platform for governance beyond that of a lobbying role- which is why we need a new electoral process! It was heartening to know that despite a referendum failure (really that ballot was ridiculously complicated to understand- though not complicated to use: just number your preference 1,2, or 3!) the closeness of the vote means that there will probably be anothe re-evaluation of the process and perhaps something more accessible will be put forward. Good times at the voting poll!
    xox
    a

     

Post a Comment

<< Home